Take taco night to the next level with these Crock Pot Beefed Up Tacos! The beans and veggies in this recipe stretch your beef further while adding great flavor.
Cris here. Confession time… this isn’t the first time I tried to make these Crock Pot Beefed Up Tacos (adapted from Gooseberry Patch’s new cookbook Fresh and Easy Family Meals). No… if you follow us on Instagram, you may have an idea of what happened.
But fear not! We don’t give up that easily! And, besides, Mikey had made a BIG batch of our Make Ahead Ground Beef, so putting together another batch was so easy to do.
See the video above for an easy recipe to batch cook your ground beef in a slow cooker so you will have it on hand in the freezer for everything from tacos to casseroles to spaghetti to yummy homemade pizza!
Crock Pot Beefed Up Tacos Notes
- This recipe is a great way to stretch your ground beef to feed a crowd.
- If you don’t like kidney beans, feel free to substitute your favorite kind of beans. I think I am going to try it with black beans in the future and also with great northern beans.
- I used my Cuisinart 6 Qt 3 in 1 Slow Cooker but any 4 to 6 quart slow cooker should work just fine. We like to use the slow cookers with browning capabilities when we are our of our Make Ahead Ground Beef.
- I substituted Freeze Dried Garlic for the garlic powder because we prefer the taste of the minced garlic over the powder.
Crock Pot Beefed Up Tacos
- 1.5 pounds ground beef browned (We used our Make Ahead Ground Beefto throw this together in a snap)
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder We used freeze dried garlic instead
- 15 oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1.25 oz pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
- taco shells and garnish
- Combine all your ingredients except for you cheese, taco shells and garnish
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours
- Serve in taco shells topped with cheese and your favorite garnish
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #16 - April 4, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #8 - March 20, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #4 - March 13, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
These sound really awesome and something a little different from the norm!! They will work good wrapped in lettuce or cabbage leaves also!! I also am gonna make up a few batches of your ground beef recipe and vacuum seal them and freeze as I think it’s an awesome idea and like putting the beef consome in for the flavor! You are so comical as you do your videos also and that is just down home and enjoyable like most of us are! Keep up the good work and great ideas and recipes!