Are you looking for a great leftover turkey recipe that takes holiday leftovers and gives them a whole new flavor. Our Crock Pot Turkey Tortilla Soup does just that! (Psst.. if you don’t have turkey leftovers, you can always use chicken.)
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
We love a good tortilla or taco soup around here. So, when we have leftover turkey, we oftentimes substitute shredded turkey for our usual shredded chicken. Suddenly, those savory holiday leftovers take on a whole different flavor!
Crock Pot Turkey Tortilla Soup
- This soup would be great in the iStir Crock Pot that automatically stirs your soup for you, but any 6 quart slow cooker will also work.
- If you don’t have leftover turkey, you can always use leftover chicken from a grocery store rotisserie chicken or you could throw 2-3 chicken breasts in raw and cook the 4-6 hours and then shred it with forks and return it to the soup.
- 15 oz jar of favorite salsa
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro
- 11 oz can Fiesta or Mexicorn drained (you can use regular corn)
- 2 15 oz cans of beans of your choice drained and rinsed (we used pinto and northern beans)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 Cups Cooked Turkey or Chicken- Shredded
- Garnish: crushed tortilla chips shredded cheese, Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Mix all the ingredients except garnish in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls and top with garnish.