Are you looking for a tasty brew to share with your fellow Muggles? This Harry Potter Hard Butterbeer Recipe is an alcoholic version of the beloved butterscotch beverage from the Harry Potter books, movies and theme park.
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
Hey y’all, GOODe Ole Boy here!
Have y’all been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter down in Universal Studios, Florida? If you’re sayin’ “no”, you really need to head down there sometime! We went a couple months back and had an absolute blast! We are normally a Disney World family and we love our pal, Mickey, but we had heard so much about the Harry Potter themed attractions at Universal Studios that we had to give’em a try. We were NOT disappointed!
Harry Potter Hard Butterbeer
While we were there we were told by many friends that we had to try the Butterbeer which was sold at Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. Now, the butterbeer sold there is just a soda pop, cola, or whatever y’all call it. It comes from the Harry Potter books and it is delicious! It tastes like butterscotch soda with a butterscotch whipped cream on top. After we fell in love with the butterbeer our friend Andrea messaged me and shared a warm, adult version of the drink and we just had to try it! Now let me set things straight by saying that this is NOT a drink for the young’uns! This recipe is a high octane alcoholic beverage that should only be consumed by responsible adults! This should be a recipe for parties…big parties of folks. This ain’t no single serve recipe, y’all…
Check out my video.
We got our mug when we visited Universal but here are a few options on Amazon.
Crock Pot Butterbeer Recipe (Adult)
- 16 oz Whipped Cream Vodka 2 cups
- 6 oz Butterscotch Liqueur of schnapps 4 shots
- 4 12 oz light beers
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup very cold whipping cream
- 2 T butterscotch syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 T sugar or similar sweetener optional to taste
- Pour vodka, butterscotch liqueur and beer into slow cooker
- Then add stick of butter
- Next, set slow cooker on simmer until butter has melted (stirring occasionally) Approximately 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, pour whipping cream into extremely cold mixing bowl along with butterscotch syrup, cinnamon, salt and sugar or preferred sweetener and beat until stiff like whipped cream.
- Finally, stir crock pot beverage before serving.
- Then, ladle into small glass and top with whipped topping and enjoy!