One Pot Crock Pot Sausage Dinner makes supper a snap! This easy recipe is dinner in a bowl. The savory sauce is so good you can even serve it as a soup if you’d like!
This One Pot Crock Pot Sausage Dinner from Gooseberry Patch’s Christmas at Grandma’s was a big hit at my house. My family LOVES smoked sausage and they were very happy this recipe made the cut when I was deciding what to try as we worked our way through this fantastic new cookbook. (Psst… there is still a little bit of time to enter to win this cookbook if you hurry.)
I got two thumbs up from both Miss Add (my 8 year old) and the hubs on this one.
One Pot Crock Pot Sausage Dinner Notes:
- I used my favorite general use 6 qt slow cooker to crock this up!
- If your family is a big smoked sausage fan, I would double the amount to 2 lbs.
- The whole potatoes in this dish made for some occasional awkward eating. Next time I might chop them up a bit before dumping them in.
- I have not tried this dish with fresh potatoes. If you want to give it a try, you will just need to adjust your cooking time to allow the potatoes to fully cook. I would definitely chop the potatoes and personally, I prefer a softer potato (reds/golds) to a harder potato (russet) in a dish like this.
One Pot Crock Pot Sausage Dinner
- 2 14.5 oz cans green beans
- 4 14.5 oz cans whole new potatoes drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1- 2 lb smoked sausage sliced
- 2 10.75 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c shredded Cheddar cheese
- Pour your green beans into your crock pot (undrained)
- Put your potatoes over your beans (drained)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Next put in your sausage slices
- Put your soup and cheese on top
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Give it a good stir before you serve it
Affiliate links were used in this post.