Does your family love pizza as much as mine does? If so, they will LOVE this Crock Pot Pizza Casserole recipe from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Comfort Food.
We love everything from Pizza Skillet Bake to Homemade Pizza Rolls to Pita Pizzas to Breakfast Pizzas to Deep Dish Hawaiian Pizza to 100 Calorie English Muffin Pizzas to Mini Whole Wheat Pizzas to Pizzeria Style Pizza at home to my always requested Fruit Pizza and my family’s go-to Deep Dish Pizza that just so happens to be featured in Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Comfort Food–no kiddin’!
So, the pizza experts that we are just KNEW we had to try this cRockin’ recipe. I mean combining our love for slow cooker recipes with our love for the pie is a no-brainer really. We were just sad we didn’t think of it first!!
Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
This is also a super quick recipe for a slow cooker recipe– done in 30 minutes on high!! That makes it GREAT for those hot summer days ahead. You can whip up a great meal in the evening without heating up the kitchen– and it is one of those dishes that the kids will love after a day of swimming or playing outside (can you tell I am craving warmer weather?).
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 1 onion -chopped
- 1 jar mushrooms-drained
- 16 oz jar pizza sauce
- 15 oz can Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil Garlic and Oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz pasta- cooked
- Brown sausage and beef with onion and drain.
- Add sauce, mushrooms and tomatoes and heat through.
- Layer half of your noodles in the crock and cover with half the sauce and half of your cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or low for one hour or until cheese melts.
Affiliate links were used in this post.