When my friend Alea told me she had a new cookbook coming out, I asked her to send it to me so I tell you guys about it. I was so excited when it came because it totally spoke my language. LONG time readers know that I started blogging many moons ago with my first blog GOODEness Gracious. And, at that time, I did a lot of freezer cooking which is a popular form of batch cooking and batch cooking just so happens to be the heart of Alea’s book Prep-Ahead Meals From Scratch.
Alea does a fantastic job showing readers how to save tons of time in the kitchen. Girlfriend makes leftovers look oh-so good!
Case in point. A few weeks ago you might recall that we crocked up a whole chicken… remember?
Mikey even created a video with “Bob” to show you how easy it is to whip up a whole chicken (or two!).
So, after “Bob” and “Bert” got done crockin’, we had a LOT of chicken left over. That is where Prep-Ahead Meals From Scratch came in super handy. It is the perfect companion for slow cooker users. You know how our crock pots tend to make a lot of leftovers… Well, Alea’s book has entire chapters dedicated to quick and easy meals you can make out of leftover chicken, pork and beef!
So, with all my leftover meat from my Crock Pot Whole Chicken, I flipped to page 30 and found a recipe for White Bean and Chicken Ranch Tacos.
I was so pleasantly surprised that in 10 short minutes I turned my leftovers into an entirely different dish! I quickly whipped up a batch of my go-to guacamole and dinner was ready in less than 20 minutes!
Quick and Easy Chicken Tacos
- If you don’t have a leftover whole chicken, you can grab precooked chicken from the grocery store– either precooked bags of chicken in the freezer case or even a rotisserie chicken will do. or, if you prefer, you can cook up some of our Crock Pot Shredded Chicken or even just a couple chicken breasts. Ultimately, you just need 1 cup of shredded chicken.
- We used little flour taco boats, but you can use regular tortillas or taco shells.
- This recipe would also make a fabulous taco salad.
- 1 3/4 cups cooked white beans (if using canned drain and rinse)
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup bottled ranch salad dressing
- 6-8 tortillas
- Garnish: lettuce tomato, shredded cheese, green onion
- Combine chicken, beans, taco seasoning and ranch dressing in a pot on the stove.
- Over medium heat, stir occasionally until ingredients are heated through.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas and top with garnish.