These Easy Crock Pot Cowboy Beans are fantastic as a flavorful side dish and perfect as a hearty bowl all on their own.
When we saw these Easy Crock Pot Cowboy Beans in Gooseberry Patch’s Busy Day Slow Cooking Cookbook I knew we were going to make them! We are BIG fans of cowboy beans around here and these sweet and savory beans did not disappoint! Mikey even made a video about it!
Easy Crock Pot Cowboy Beans Notes
- Feel free to substitute beans of your choice as needed or desired.
- I have made these in all different sizes of slow cookers. I prefer to make it in browning slow cookers so I can brown my meat in the pot instead of dirtying up another skillet.
- This recipe easily doubles and triples for parties and potlucks.
Easy Crock Pot Cowboy Beans
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked crisply and crumbled we used precooked bacon crumbles instead
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 16 oz can pork and beans
- 16 oz can pinto or chili beans
- 16 oz can butter beans drained
- 16 oz can kidney beans drained
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning or pepper
- Cook your bacon over medium heat on your stove until crisp, drain and crumble
- In a different skillet, brown your beef and sausage over medium heat
- Toss your onion in with your meat mixture and cook until the onions are tender, drain
- Put your meat and onion mixture and your bacon in your crock pot
- Pour your undrained pork and beans, undrained pinto or chili beans and the rest of your ingredients to your crock pot
- Give it all a gentle stir
- Cover and cook on high for an hour. After an hour reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for an additional 2-4 hours
- Give it a taste and adjust any seasonings to match your preferences
Affiliate links were used in this post.