These Easy Crock Pot Cowboy Beans are fantastic as a flavorful side dish and perfect as a hearty bowl all on their own.
When we saw these Easy Crock Pot Cowboy Beans in Gooseberry Patch’s Busy Day Slow Cooking Cookbook I knew we were going to make them! We are BIG fans of cowboy beans around here and these sweet and savory beans did not disappoint! Mikey even made a video about it!
Easy Crock Pot Cowboy Beans Notes
- Feel free to substitute beans of your choice as needed or desired.
- I have made these in all different sizes of slow cookers. I prefer to make it in browning slow cookers so I can brown my meat in the pot instead of dirtying up another skillet.
- This recipe easily doubles and triples for parties and potlucks.
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked crisply and crumbled we used precooked bacon crumbles instead
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 16 oz can pork and beans
- 16 oz can pinto or chili beans
- 16 oz can butter beans drained
- 16 oz can kidney beans drained
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning or pepper
Cook your bacon over medium heat on your stove until crisp, drain and crumble
In a different skillet, brown your beef and sausage over medium heat
Toss your onion in with your meat mixture and cook until the onions are tender, drain
Put your meat and onion mixture and your bacon in your crock pot
Pour your undrained pork and beans, undrained pinto or chili beans and the rest of your ingredients to your crock pot
Give it all a gentle stir
Cover and cook on high for an hour. After an hour reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for an additional 2-4 hours
Give it a taste and adjust any seasonings to match your preferences
Affiliate links were used in this post.