Do you have a sweet tooth but love salty snacks too? This Sweet & Salty Crock Pot Party Mix is not only good– it is surprisingly good. When people take a handful they always make the same face… the “Oh my goodness! What did you put in this stuff that is so good?” face.
That tends to happen when you combine butter, powdered sugar and brown sugar 😉
Sweet & Salty Crock Pot Party Mix
When I saw this recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites, I was intrigued. I recently fell in love with making candy in my slow cooker, so I was a bit curious how party mix would do…
Interestingly enough, the mix actually cooks with the lid off for a few hours. And it did beautifully 😉
- 16 oz Pretzel Sticks
- 4 Cups Corn Chex
- 4 Cups Salted Cashews
- 1 Cup Butter- Sliced
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar- Packed
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in sugars and cinnamon until well blended.
- In a large slow cooker combine remaining ingredients and drizzle with sugar sauce.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours with the lid off, stirring occasionally. Cook until glazed.
- Spread mixture on parchment paper until cooled. Store in an airtight container.
This is definitely on our list of easy party snacks! That is if I could keep GOODe Ole Boy (the hubby) from eating all the chex pieces out first!
Affiliate links were used in this post.