Do you like dishes like Salsa Chicken but you are looking for something a tad different? This Crock Pot Cilantro Chicken is the dish for you!
Confession… I am not a huge cilantro fan. I kind of like it, but I am not super crazy for it. So when I saw this recipe for Crock Pot Cilantro Chicken in Gooseberry Patch’s new Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites I wasn’t sure if I would like it.
Crock Pot Cilantro Chicken
But then I got to looking at the recipe and noticed that it called for lime and diced tomatoes and it immediately reminded of the Lime Juice and Cilantro Diced Tomatoes that Red Gold sent me for their Summer Grillin’ Party and I was sold. I really like these tomatoes in my favorite Mexican dishes– they bring a nice depth of flavor without being overpowering. So, I decided a chicken dish with the same flavors probably would be a hit too 😉
Miss Add went crazy over this chicken. I served hers as soft tacos while serving mine over a bed of Crock Pot Spanish Rice— yum!
- 1 lb Chicken (Chicken Breasts or I used Thigh Strips)
- 2 Cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro-Chopped
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
- Optional: Shredded Cheese and Sour Cream for topping.
- Dump all ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Affiliate links were used in this post.