Do you love Spanish Rice to go along with your taco night or favorite Mexican dish? This Crock Pot Spanish Rice tastes just as good as the restaurant version (and so much better than the packet stuff).
When I saw this recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s new Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites I knew I had to try it! Red Gold had just sent me a package of all kinds of tomatoes to use this summer for their Summer Grillin’ Party and it just so happened to include this baby…
Which seemed like the perfect diced tomato to try out in a new Crock Pot Spanish Rice recipe. And boy oh boy it was! LOVED the flavors it the Cilantro and Lime brought to this dish. (Fear not non-cilantro fans, the flavor is not over powering at all). I was also curious to use my slow cooker to cook up a rice dish as I am currently obsessed with my Rice Cooker.
Crock Pot Spanish Rice
I would have never imagined that I could cook up rice that taste just like what I get at my local restaurant, but I sure did AND I did it in my slow cooker! We used Jasmati rice because that is what we always use in our rice cooker and it is what we had on hand. But you can use any long cooking rice.
I also used my freeze dried garlic vs. fresh because I LOVE it and love having it at my finger tips. Also– in lieu of regular chili powder– I used Penzey’s Chili Con Carne because… Oh. My. Spice. It is the BEST chili powder out there. It is so smokey and has such a rich deep flavor. (No they aren’t paying me to say that 😉 ).
One more note. We loved using this non-stick slow cooker with this recipe. It makes clean up such a cinch!
Crock Pot Spanish Rice
- 1 Cup Long Cooking Rice Long Grain- uncooked
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic minced, or 1/4 tsp Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 14.75 oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro
- Combine everything in a greased slow cooker except the Red Gold tomatoes and mix well.
- Add tomatoes over rice.
- Cover and cook on low for 1-3 hours.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
This recipe was shared on Weekend Potluck.
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork (Low Carb Options) - February 24, 2020
- Crock Pot Mississippi Loose Meat Sandwiches (Low Carb Options) - February 19, 2020
- Air Fryer Pepper Jack Chicken (Ninja Foodi) - February 6, 2020