Do you love cheese? LOTS of cheese? Do you love a good Baked Macaroni and Cheese? This recipe for Extra Cheesy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese was made for you!
Now let’s get serious.
Serious about cheese.
This recipe is NOT for someone who just kinda sorta likes cheese… nope.
This is a cheese lovers Mac and Cheese.
All others need not apply.
This is also a great recipe for a let’s dump it all in the crock pot–uncooked noodles and all– someone…
(I think I could get along with a gal like that… just sayin’)
Now if you are afraid some of your guests might not be as big of fans of all the cheese
you could kick them out you could reduce the amount of cheese or even skip the added cheese at the end if you must… just don’t tell me about it while I am doing an extra 45 minutes on the elliptical because I asked for seconds, k?
Extra Cheesy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
We LOVED this recipe. It cooked up cheesy and firm like a good baked mac and cheese… so good! We typically are stove top mac and cheesers in this family, but everyone loved this “baked” version. Definitely a treat we will enjoy again.
One more note before all the cheesy goodness… slow cookers will cook this dish wildly different. The original recipe called for cooking it on low for 4 hours. Mine was done in 1 1/2 hours on low. It would have been burnt to a brick by 4 hours. This is NOT a fix it and forget it recipe. I highly recommend that you time your own slow cooker the first time you use this recipe to know how long yours takes and not base your time on mine or the original.
- 8 oz. package shredded Italian 3 cheese blend
- 8 oz. package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1½ c. milk
- 1 t. salt
- ¾ t.. dry mustard
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- ½ t. pepper
- 2½ c. small shell pasta, uncooked
- In a bowl, combine cheeses and set aside.
- In a different bowl whisk together remaining ingredients except pasta.
- Add pasta and 3 c. of cheese and stir well.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with ¾ c. cheese.
- Refrigerate remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 1-4 hours (depending on your crockpot) until cheese is melted and creamy and pasta is tender.
- Optional: Sprinkle servings evenly with remaining cheese.
Affiliate links were used in this post.