This Old Fashioned Crock Pot Mac ‘n Cheese is incredibly easy to make and will have you reminiscing about the yummy mac ‘n cheese your grandma used to make. So good!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love.
Aunt Lou here.
In case you guys haven’t noticed, I like mac ‘n cheese A LOT. I love trying out new recipes or making up my own. Sometimes I am in the mood for a creamy mac ‘n cheese, other times I want a super cheesy one and other times I want one tastes like a baked mac ‘n cheese. So when I saw this Old Fashioned Crock Pot Mac ‘n Cheese in Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker, I knew it was going to be on the menu.
Old Fashioned Crock Pot Mac ‘n Cheese Notes:
- If you are a beginner, you can totally cRock this recipe! It is super easy and a great one to try out your crock pot skills on. The one thing to always remember is to watch a recipe closely the first time you make it so that you will know how your particular slow cooker cooks a recipe. Doing this will keep you from over-cooking or under-cooking this recipe and others and will help boost your confidence so that you won’t be intimidated by any recipe!
- I really like the sides to brown up, so I let my Old Fashioned Crock Pot Mac ‘n Cheese stay in a little longer than it had to. If you don’t like the browned sides, you can take it out earlier.
- For this yummy recipe, I used my new Hamilton Beach Multi-Quart Slow Cooker on the 4-quart setting. If you don’t have one yet, you can use a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- 8 oz pkg elbow macaroni cooked
- 2 eggs beaten
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1.5 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Optional: grape tomatoes quartered
Put everything except your tomatoes in a large bowl and gently stir until well combined
Lightly spray your crock pot with cooking spray
Pour your mac 'n cheese mixture into your crock pot
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours
If desired, sprinkle servings with your quartered grape tomatoes