Heavens to Betsy! This Crock Pot Cheesy Lasagna from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker is yuuummmy!
Aunt Lou here.
Okay…so, I have never thought about the phrase “Heavens to Betsy” until I typed it. If I didn’t grow up knowing that it meant “Oh my!”, the words in the phrase itself give you no clue what it means! I feel sorry for anyone who tries to learn our language. We have some pretty crazy sayings! But I digress…
Crock Pot Cheesy Lasagna
Sooooo…I MIGHT have altered this recipe a bit.
When I saw the amount of cheese it called for, I knew I was going to have to do something about it. So I did a bit of tweaking. And the result was groan-in-appreciation-when-you-take-your-first-bite good!
I had actually bought enough to make two because I was going to take one out to a lady from our church who had injured her hand. Then I found out that someone else was bringing her lasagna, and I needed to make her something different. Let’s just say that I wasn’t too upset that I would be able to make two for us! Yum!
- 1 lb ground beef browned and drained
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 8 lasagna noodles uncooked
- 28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 c water
- 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- oz Optional: 4 can sliced mushrooms drained
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Place half of your noodles in the bottom of your crock pot (if you are not using a casserole crock, you may have to break your noodles)
- In a bowl, mix together your beef and Italian seasoning, spread half of mixture over your noodles
- Cover your meat mixture with half of remaining ingredients
- Repeat layering
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours
I couldn’t resist using my 9 x13 Casserole Slow Cooker made by Crock Pot. It was made for recipes like this Crock Pot Cheesy Lasagna! If you do not have one yet, go ahead and click through and get one! 😉 OR you can use your favorite 5 or 6 quart crock pot.
Affliliate links were used in this post.