If you need a super easy recipe to throw together and love Italian flavored meals, then I have quite the treat for you my friend! These Easy Crock Pot Italian Chops are going to be your new best friend!
Note: We use referral links for products we love.
Aunt Lou here.
We actually had all the ingredients here at the house for this recipe, so I had Michael throw these Easy Crock Pot Italian Chops on. Now, I will give him credit, he is a good cook when he is making up his own recipe. However, when I ask him to use a recipe, he seems to get a bit skiddish and always seems to have something that needs his attention right away. 😉 This time though, I needed to go to the grocery store, so it was either put it on while I was gone or eat dinner late. And guess what, he did a great job! I mean, come on, I found this recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s 101 Super-Easy Slow-Cooker Recipes. The name of the cookbook has, “You can do it!” written all over it!
Easy Crock Pot Italian Chops Notes:
- As you all know, I have had trouble in the past with onions. I am guessing I resemble someone sprayed with pepper spray when the burning from the onions starts. I have had lost of tips and tricks suggested and have tried many. For me, the ones that seem to work the best are keeping my onions in the fridge, keeping myself back as far away from the onions as I can while safely cutting them and breathing through my mouth. I’m not sure there is any science out there to back up these remedies working for me, but if you are having trouble yourself, you might give it a try!
- I had Michael use Lil Bit (my 2.5-quart crock pot) for this recipe so that the juices would be surrounding the pork the entire time. He didn’t believe that Lil Bit could hold all of the ingredients, but she did a great job! If you don’t have your own Lil Bit, I would recommend using a 2.5-3-quart slow cooker.
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1.5 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoke-flavored cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Take a couple pork chops and lay them in the bottom of your crock pot
- Top with 1/3 of your chopped onion
- Repeat layers, ending with onion
- Pouring in your tomatoes in first, add the rest of your ingredients
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours