Yummy yummy in my tummy! This Crock Pot Vanilla Sour Cream Cake is the perfect treat for a weeknight meal, pitch-in or holiday meal! You are gonna love it!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love.
Aunt Lou here.
Most people love chocolate. While I enjoy some good chocolate, white chocolate and vanilla are my favorite flavors. So when I saw this Crock Pot Vanilla Sour Cream Cake in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooker Fall Favorites, I was pretty excited to give it a try!
Crock Pot Vanilla Sour Cream Cake Notes:
- The original recipe for this cake called for cooking it on high for 4 hours. However, mine was done between an hour and a half and two hours, so the first time you make this delicious cake, watch it closely to see how your crock cooks it up.
- If you don’t like sour cream, don’t worry. You won’t taste it. It just serves to make the cake super moist and yummy.
- I used good ol’ Sir Hamilton (my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker). I knew I could count on him to cook Crock Pot Vanilla Sour Cream Cake evenly…and boy did he deliver! If you don’t have your own Sir Hamilton (I highly recommend that it be your next crock pot purchase!), you can use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- 16.5 oz pkg white cake mix
- 3.5 oz pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- 11.5 oz pkg white chocolate chips
- Optional: caramel ice cream topping
- Put all of your ingredients, except for your caramel topping, in a bowl and mix well
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Spoon your batter into your crock pot and spread evenly
- Place 6-8 paper towels on top of your crock pot, cover and cook on high for 1.5-4 hours (times can vary greatly depending on your particular slow cooker, watch carefully the first time you make it to know how your slow cooker cooks this cake)
- Serve your cake warm with your caramel topping drizzled over top