Are you looking for a great side to go with a special meal or maybe a side that will take a weeknight up a notch or two? Then I have a treat for you! These Crock Pot Sweet Tangy Carrots have a surprisingly unique and delicious flavor!
Note: We use referral links for products we love!
Aunt Lou here.
Now if you know me, you might be thinking, “Lou doesn’t eat carrots!” While that is true, my family loves them. So when I saw this recipe for Crock Pot Sweet Tangy Carrots in Gooseberry Patch’s 101 Super-Easy Slow-Cooker Recipes, I thought I would be a good wife/mommy and make them up for them!
Crock Pot Sweet Tangy Carrots Notes:
- Make sure you use high and not low…unless you need the recipe to take longer. I was sick, but had already bought the ingredients to make this recipe, so Michael put them on for me. Unfortunately, dear hubs read the directions wrong and put it on low instead of high, so I can attest that this recipe will work on high or low….low is just going to take longer.
- These Crock Pot Sweet and Tangy Carrots are a great way to convince your kiddos to eat their veggies too. The sweet and tangy together is the perfect combo to entice anyone to try their carrots.
- This recipe is SO special that I went out and bought a new crock pot. I shall call him Mr. Mini. Mr. Mini is a 4-quart Crock Pot and did a great job with these Crock Pot Sweet Tangy Carrots.
Crock Pot Sweet Tangy Carrots
- 12 carrots peeled and sliced 1/4 thick
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Put all of your ingredients in your crock pot and stir until well combined
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, stir twice during cooking
- Carrots are done when they are tender