Do you love Chicken Parmigiana? Did you know you could make it in your crock pot?! This Crock Pot Chicken Parmigiana from Gooseberry Patch’s 101 Super-Easy Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook does just that!
We love Italian food in this house. This Crock Pot Chicken Parmigiana became an instant family favorite around here!
Faces Behind Our Food
Our Crock Pot Chicken Parmigiana is the perfect recipe in our Faces Behind Our Food Series (sponsored by Indiana’s Family of Farmers) to introduce you to my friend Kimmi and her family.
Kimmi and her brother are the fourth generation of her family to farm and the third to farm in their current location. Her Grandpa and Granny moved their dairy farm from town in the 1950s and milked about 40 dairy cows.
Although they don’t milk cows anymore, Kimmi and her brother grew up showing dairy cattle in 4-H and remained very involved in the farming community. Her brother is currently running the farm, which consists of some beef cows and a hay operation, and Kimmi helps out when she is home. Her Grandpa and Granny still live on the farm and enjoy seeing the cows in the field near the house.
Off the farm, Kimmi enjoys helping connect consumers to dairy farming on her blog and helping farmers more effectively communicate with consumers through her job as a livestock specialist.
Here are some of Kimmi’s favorite recipes:
Kimmi’s Chicken Pot Pie looks so delicious!
This Creme Brulee is going to have to show up on our dessert menu soon. It was super yummy at a recent event we attended.
We love a good chili and can’t wait to try Kimmi’s BBQ Chicken Chili!
Crock Pot Chicken Parmigiana
Now that you have heard all about Kimmi’s family and their dairy farm, how about this yummy recipe!
A Few Notes:
- For this delicioso Crock Pot Chicken Parmigiana, I my new 6 Quart Crock Pot with Ceramic Coated Pot. I love how this crock pot cooks evenly and is a breeze to clean up. Your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker will work just fine.
- If you prefer dark meat over white meat, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of the chicken breasts.
Crock Pot Chicken Parmigiana
- 1 egg
- ¾ c milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T oil
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce divided
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- cooked spaghetti
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- In a deep bowl, beat your egg and milk together
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside
- Pour your bread crumbs in a shallow bowl
- Take each chicken breast and coat in your egg mixture
- Place your coated chicken breast in your bread crumbs and coat well
- Pour your oil in a large skillet and heat over medium heat
- Place your chicken breasts in your skillet and lightly brown on each side
- Take one cup of sauce and spread over the bottom of your crock pot
- Place your chicken breasts on top of your sauce
- Gently pour the rest of your sauce over the top of your chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Sprinkle your cheese on top about 15 minutes before serving, cover and cook until your cheese is melted
- Serve over your cooked spaghetti