Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Vegetables is an easy one-pot slow cooker meal full of fresh veggies! This is the perfect family dinner idea for quick and easy weeknight meals.
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
Cris here. Do I have a treat for you! I just love a good one pot meal and one that cooks all day long is even better! This Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and Vegetables Recipe comes from a recipe called “Creamy Dreamy Chicken” in Gooseberry Patch’s Busy-Day Slow Cooking. It caught my eye because it used some different ingredients than what you typically find in one pot meals for slow cookers. It calls for green onion and asparagus instead of a typical white onion and green beans (which would also be good I bet 😉 ). Psst… Mikey made you a video on this one!
The verdict? The family just loved it! It is one of those super simple, super delicious meals.
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and Vegetables Notes:
- This recipe needs a full 6 quart slow cooker. We used one our favorites. The non-stick surface was perfect for this dish.
- We used boneless skinless chicken thighs but you could use breasts or tenders.
- If you don’t like one of the veggies listed try substituting something you like. For example, I would bet snow peas might substitute well for the asparagus.
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and Vegetables
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2.5 lbs new redskin potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes cut into bite sized
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz pkg frozen carrots thawed
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed and cut into thirds
- 29 oz cream of mushroom soup (2 - 10.5 oz cans)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Put your chicken in your 6 t crock pot (we used this one) and top with your potatoes
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Pour in your carrots and green onions, mix gently
- Put your asparagus on top
- Salt and pepper again, if needed
- Use a whisk to mix together your soup and milk in a separate bowl
- Pour over everything
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #8 - March 20, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #4 - March 13, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #1 - March 8, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
what temp medium or high?
Aunt Lou says
Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Enjoy!
This looks fantastic!! Can non-frozen baby carrots work as well, and would that change the cooking time at all? I can never find frozen carrots for some reason. Thanks for a great site!!
Fresh baby carrots should work just fine. Enjoy!
Janie Escobar says
This is the second time I’m going to make this delicious meal. Hubby loves it and so do I. Thank you for this recipe.
Oh so glad to hear you and the hubby enjoy it, Janie!!
Charles McVeigh says
Sounds great, gonna try tomorrow morning, but adding green beans or peas.
Hi Charles! Those sounds like great additions. Hope you enjoy!
Kim Honeycutt says
This sounds pretty good to me. I would use chicken breast meat…any suggestion on that? Whole, cut in pieces…etc…? Also, how do you think it would be to use 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can cream of mushroom?
Mikey, what is your all time favorite slow cooker recipe? I love watching your videos!!
Hi Kim- Whole chicken breasts will work fine and mixing cream soups will also work.
Mikey’s favorite recipe is this one : http://www.recipesthatcrock.com/crock-pot-mississippi-beef-roast/