Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Vegetables is an easy one-pot slow cooker meal full of fresh veggies! This is the perfect family dinner idea for quick and easy weeknight meals.
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
Cris here. Do I have a treat for you! I just love a good one pot meal and one that cooks all day long is even better! This Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and Vegetables Recipe comes from a recipe called “Creamy Dreamy Chicken” in Gooseberry Patch’s Busy-Day Slow Cooking. It caught my eye because it used some different ingredients than what you typically find in one pot meals for slow cookers. It calls for green onion and asparagus instead of a typical white onion and green beans (which would also be good I bet 😉 ). Psst… Mikey made you a video on this one!
The verdict? The family just loved it! It is one of those super simple, super delicious meals.
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and Vegetables Notes:
- This recipe needs a full 6 quart slow cooker. We used one our favorites. The non-stick surface was perfect for this dish.
- We used boneless skinless chicken thighs but you could use breasts or tenders.
- If you don’t like one of the veggies listed try substituting something you like. For example, I would bet snow peas might substitute well for the asparagus.
- 5 - 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2.5 lbs new redskin potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes cut into bite sized
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz pkg frozen carrots thawed
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 10.75 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
Put your chicken in your 6 t crock pot (we used this one) and top with your potatoes
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Pour in your carrots and green onions, mix gently
Put your asparagus on top
Salt and pepper again, if needed
Use a whisk to mix together your soup and milk in a separate bowl
Pour over everything
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours