If you love Italian seasoning, then this Crock Pot Italian Pulled Pork Sandwiches recipe is the recipe for you! It is literally the easiest recipe to put on in the morning!
Note: We use referral links in our posts to products we love.
Aunt Lou here.
I have only recently started cRockin’ it up with Italian seasoning packets, and let me tell you, I am hooked! I love how flavorful it makes a dish! This Crock Pot Italian Pulled Pork Sandwiches recipe from Gooseberry Patch’s Busy-Day Slow Cooking is no different! Delizioso!
Crock Pot Italian Pulled Pork Sandwiches Notes:
- The original recipe called for a pork roast. I used a pork loin, and it turned out great! So you have a bit of leeway if you find a pork loin or roast on sale or have one in your freezer!
- So I finally figured out a name for my 2.5-quart crock pot! From here on out, she will forever be known as Lil’ Bit. 🙂 So now that we have that out of the way, I am sure you have already guessed that I used Lil’ Bit for this recipe. You can use your favorite 2.5-4 quart crock pot.
- This is seriously the easiest recipe to prep in the the morning. All you have to do is put your pork in your crock pot, cover and turn it on! So, if you are a person who doesn’t have time to throw on a recipe in the morning, this recipe is for you!
- I wasn’t so sure about the barbecue sauce on the sandwich with all the other seasonings mixed in with the meat, but it is phenomenal! I highly recommend giving it a try!
- 2-3 lb pork roast or pork loin
- 1 oz pkg ranch salad dressing mix
- 0.6 oz pkg Italian salad dressing mix
- sandwich buns split
- slices Optional:barbecue sauce cheese
Place your pork in your crock pot
Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, it should be very tender and 145 degrees with a meat thermometer
Take your roast out of your crock pot and shred with two forks or an electric mixer, set aside
Add your seasonings to your cooking liquid and mix well
Put your shredded pork back in your crock pot and stir until all of your pork is evenly coated in the seasonings
If you need more liquid, as a little bit of water at a time and stir until you reach your desired consistency and taste
Serve on buns as is or with cheese and/or barbecue sauce