Are you looking for an easy cubed steak recipe? Our Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy is a great homestyle family dinner recipe.
Note we use referral links to products we love in our posts.
Cris here. Confession time… for as LONG as I can remember, Mikey has always hated cubed steak. So, of course, I had to set out to fix that ;). And, sure enough… we finally came up with just the right recipe and he loved it so much he made a video about it!
So what is different? Well we just adapted a beloved tried and true recipe and made it with cubed steak! This recipe makes the BEST Homestyle Chicken and Pork Chops… so, I thought why not try cubed steak?! It turned out beautifully! AND, Mikey actually enjoyed cubed steak!
Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy Recipe Notes
- Since there is a browning step, we like using our browning slow cookers (like this one) to brown our steak in the slow cooker before slow cooking but you can use any 6 quart slow cooker and just do the browning step in a skillet if you’d like.
- I used a large gallon sized baggie to coat all of my cubed steak. Just pour all of your coating ingredients in and smoosh (technical term 😉 ) things around until everything is coated.
- After coating there will be a little extra flour in the the bag. Save the extra flour mixture as you will need it for your sauce.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ t teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6-8 pieces cubed steak
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- Mix together your flour, dry mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder and coat your beef (I use a gallon size baggie).
- Reserve excess flour mixture for later step.
- Heat oil in a skillet (or browning slow cooker)
- Brown your cubed steak on all sides but do not cook through.
- Mix together any excess flour with broth and pour into slow cooker.
- Add steak and cook on high for 90 min to 2½ hours until steaks are fork tender and sauce has thickened.