Are you looking for an easy cubed steak recipe? Our Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy is a great homestyle family dinner recipe.
Note we use referral links to products we love in our posts.
Cris here. Confession time… for as LONG as I can remember, Mikey has always hated cubed steak. So, of course, I had to set out to fix that ;). And, sure enough… we finally came up with just the right recipe and he loved it so much he made a video about it!
So what is different? Well we just adapted a beloved tried and true recipe and made it with cubed steak! This recipe makes the BEST Homestyle Chicken and Pork Chops… so, I thought why not try cubed steak?! It turned out beautifully! AND, Mikey actually enjoyed cubed steak!
Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy Recipe Notes
- Since there is a browning step, we like using our browning slow cookers (like this one) to brown our steak in the slow cooker before slow cooking but you can use any 6 quart slow cooker and just do the browning step in a skillet if you’d like.
- I used a large gallon sized baggie to coat all of my cubed steak. Just pour all of your coating ingredients in and smoosh (technical term ???? ) things around until everything is coated.
- After coating there will be a little extra flour in the the bag. Save the extra flour mixture as you will need it for your sauce.
Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ t teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6-8 pieces cubed steak
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- Mix together your flour, dry mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder and coat your beef (I use a gallon size baggie).
- Reserve excess flour mixture for later step.
- Heat oil in a skillet (or browning slow cooker)
- Brown your cubed steak on all sides but do not cook through.
- Mix together any excess flour with broth and pour into slow cooker.
- Add steak and cook on high for 90 min to 2½ hours until steaks are fork tender and sauce has thickened.
Her site Recipes That Crock is dedicated to helping everyone find delicious recipes to serve their families every month.
Latest posts by Cris (see all)
- Electric Pressure Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup (Low Carb) - August 22, 2019
- Low Carb Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup - August 22, 2019
- Buttered Crock Pot Pork Steaks - August 21, 2019