Our Crock Pot Easy Italian Chicken is a filling, yet simple recipe that has a delicious rich flavor.
Cris here. I recently took one of our favorite roast recipes from Gooseberry Patch’s Busy-Day Slow Cooking and adapted it to make this fantastic Crock Pot Easy Italian Chicken. (Mikey made you a video for this recipe!)
We LOVE this recipe and I hope your family loves it too ;).
Crock Pot Easy Italian Chicken Notes
- We have tried this recipe in both our Calphalon Digital Slow Cooker, 4-Quart and Crock Pot 6 Qt Single Hand Cook & Carry Slow Cooker with Digital Control and both cooked it up beautifully, but the 6 qt took a little less time than the 4 qt.
- We served ours over cooked cavatappi pasta, but you could use elbow macaroni or spaghetti.
- We used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. You can use chicken breasts if you would like, however, the dish may not be as tender as what is pictured here.
Crock Pot Italian Chicken
- 1/2 lb sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 onion halved and sliced
- 2.5 - 3 lb chicken thighs
- 1.5 oz pkg garlic and herb sauce mix or pesto mix or Italian dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 14.5 oz cans Italian-style diced tomatoes undrained
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Cooked pasta We usedCavatappi
- Garnish: Shredded Cheese
- Put your mushrooms and onion in your crock pot
- Place your chicken in your crock pot
- Sprinkle your sauce mix and red pepper flakes evenly across your chicken and add in your tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, it is done when your chicken is cooked through and very tender
- Take your chicken out, shred and keep warm
- In a coffee cup, mix together your water and cornstarch until smooth
- Pour into the juices in your crock pot and stir until combined well
- Cover and cook on high for 20-30 minutes, until your mixture is thickened, stir once
- Add your chicken back into your crock pot
- Cover and cook an additional few minutes until everything is heated through.
- Serve over pasta and top with cheese.
Affiliate links were used in this post.