I often say that you can tell a really good recipe when we make it more than once within a few days or weeks of trying it. A recipe has to be really good for us to make it over and over again when we have a long list of new recipes to try! This Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken and Beans definitely fits the bill. We have had it no less than 3 times this month! Truth be told, I wasn’t sure how we would like it because I am not always a fan of pollo (chicken) in my Mexican dishes… but the chicken in this dish is flavorful and fantastic!
Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken and Beans
We found the original for this fantastic dump and go recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s Mom Knows Best Cookbook. The original recipe called for two cans of black beans but the rebel in me switched it to one can of black beans and one can of white chili beans.
- 8 Chicken Thighs- boneless skinless
- Salt and Pepper- to taste
- 1/3 Cup Onion- chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic- minced
- 14 1/2 oz Can Diced Tomatoes I used the ones with lime and cilantro
- 15 oz Can Black Beans- Drained and Rinsed
- 15 oz Can White Chili Beans or Great Northern- Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 8 oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Garnish: Sour Cream Cilantro, Guacamole
- Season chicken and add to crock pot.
- Top with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve alone, over cooked rice or on a tortilla with garnish
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I love the non-stick surface of this slow cooker for recipes like this, however, any 4-6qt slow cooker will work just fine.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Thank you so much for sharing our links. When you share our links it helps support this site and keeps the recipes a comin’!