This Crock Pot Italian Meatball Soup is a delicious way to warm up on chilly day and fill up when you are hungry. And, best of all? It is super easy to throw together!
When I saw this Crock Pot Italian Meatball Soup in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooker Recipes, I knew we were going to make it immediately. I also knew it would be the perfect soup to throw in our Lunch Crock Food Warmer to send with the hubs to work.
Mikey loved this recipe so much, he made a video about it!
Ya see, Mikey oftentimes gets to working at work and won’t take a break to eat lunch. So, oftentimes, he won’t even take a lunch or if he does, it oftentimes comes back untouched… (not exactly a vote of confidence for this food blogger’s cookin’, huh 😉 ). The Lunch Crock Food Warmer fixes that problem for us (and no, they are not a sponsor for this post). He can plug in leftovers at work and keep them warm throughout his shift, stopping for a bite or two here and there when his workload allows him to… he LOVES this thing, and the stuff I have been filling it with!
Note: The Lunch Crock Food Warmer is not a traditional slow cooker. It is meant to warm food, not cook it. I have tested it along side my other slow cookers and it does indeed warm at a much lower setting than a traditional crock pot and is not meant for raw meats. We will be sharing over the next year recipes that we enjoy using with this crock for those that are interested in it.
Crock Pot Italian Meatball Soup Notes
- I made this soup in my favorite 6 qt slow cooker and it filled it right up, so make sure to use a larger crock when making this soup.
- I served up the soup for Miss Add and I in regular bowls but I packed away some leftovers in the Crock Pot Lunch Warmer for Mikey to take to work that week and he LOVED both the soup and warmer to keep his soup nice and warm all day for him.
- I doubled up on the meatballs in this recipe because we love meatballs… It did leave us with quite a few meatballs at the end of the soup, which no one complained about ;). When adding the meatballs for your family, you may want to vary how many meatballs you add depending on your preference.
- 1-2 (16) oz pkg Italian-style meatballs depending on preference
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 (14.5) oz cans diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 4 medium potatoes chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic minced (I used 1 teaspoon freeze dried garlic)
- 16 oz pkg mixed vegetables
- Put your meatballs (still frozen) and all of your broth, seasoning and veggies in your crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours