Are you looking for a rock-your-socks-off good recipe? Check out these Crock Pot Pulled Chicken Sandwiches! You’re gonna love ’em!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love
Aunt Lou here.
We were on vacation, so you know I had to bring my crock pots with me. However, we were vacationing with friends this time around. So I was a bit nervous. It is one thing to try out a brand new recipe on my family (they are used to me working out the kinks!), but it is another thing when you have promised to feed someone else’s family. And on top of that, I had drove through the night to get us there (if you have small kiddos, you know exactly why we drove through the night!) and was completely exhausted, so Michael threw this one together. So, new recipe, I’m not even making it and we are feeding it to not only our family, but our friends as well. See why I was nervous? However, these Crock Pot Pulled Chicken Sandwiches were a huge hit!
Crock Pot Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- The recipe for these Crock Pot Pulled Chicken Sandwiches was adapted from Cooking Light’s Slow Cooker Tonight! cookbook. I highly recommend this cookbook. I am so excited to be cooking up tons of yummy recipes from it!
- Don’t let the number of ingredients scare you off. It really is a simple recipe that produces a delicious sauce!
- We used one of my new favorite crock pots, my Hamilton Beach Multi-Quart Slow Cooker on the 6 qt setting. I love the versatility of this handy dandy slow cooker. Now to come up with a name for it! 🙂
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/4 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 10-12 buns
- Melt your butter in a skillet on your stovetop over medium-high heat
- Add in as much of your chicken as will fit in your pan, cooking a few minutes on each side until it is golden, repeat for remaining chicken
- Place your onions in the bottom of your crock pot
- Put your browned chicken on top of your onions
- In a separate bowl, mix together your ketchup, cider vinegar, molasses, Dijon mustard, onion powder, ground cumin, garlic powder and hot sauce
- Pour your sauce all over your chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours (your chicken will be tender and the sauce thick when it is done)
- Shred your chicken with forks (or a mixer, whichever you prefer) and serve on buns