Crock Pot Raspberry Chocolate Lava Cake is the perfect slow cooker spoon cake. Deliciously rich chocolate cake infused with sweet raspberry “lava” is so good you won’t believe how simple it is to make!
Now updated with a video from Mikey.
This ah-mazing Crock Pot Raspberry Chocolate Lava Cake is an adaptation of one of my very favorite chocolate recipes of all time– Chocolate Raspberry Mason Jar Brownies from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook.
I have always loved the flavor of those brownies so when I was trying to think through a cake I could make Mikey for his birthday I began thinking that these yummy brownies would make an amazing spoon cake with the raspberry jam serving as a delicious lava sauce throughout the cake.
To say this way a HUGE success would be a BIG understatement. It was INCREDIBLE. We served it warm with vanilla ice cream and it was absolute perfection.
Crock Pot Raspberry Chocolate Lava Cake Notes:
- We crocked this up in our 2.5 quart mini casserole crock pot.
- We used raspberries and raspberry jam, but I bet strawberry would be really good too.
- Your “cake” is going to be a spoonable consistency when it is finished like most lava cakes.
- The “lava” in this cake is your jam. Be careful when spooning it out because it will be hot as lava!
Crock Pot Raspberry Chocolate Lava Cake
- ½ Cup Butter- Sliced
- 2 1 oz squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 Eggs-Beaten
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ⅓ Cup + 6 tsp Seedless Raspberry Jam- Divided
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a saucepan on low.
- Then remove from heat and stir in sugar, ⅓ cup of jam, vanilla and eggs.
- Next add flour and baking powder and combine well.
- Then pour into a greased small slow cooker (I used this one)
- Lastly, dot remaining teaspoonfuls of jam evenly across the cake.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until the cake it set. It will be a spoonable consistency.
- Serve warm with fresh raspberries and ice cream or whipped cream.