This Crock Pot Fiesta Cheese Dip switches up your regular cheese dip and brings the “Fiesta” to any gathering! An added bonus is that it is super easy to make!
Note: We use referral links in our posts to products we love.
Aunt Lou here.
I was trying to think of a good dip to make for you guys and came across a dip in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooker Christmas-Favorites. I was going to make it, but then started thinking of everything I could do with how it started and well, now you have Crock Pot Fiesta Cheese Dip!
Crock Pot Fiesta Cheese Dip Notes:
- Now usually for dips, I use my 2.5-quart crock pot for dips and thought I could use it for this one, but this yummy dip requires a bigger crock pot to get it all stirred up. Can you guess which one I used? Good ol Sir Hamilton (my 6-quart Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker). It worked out perfectly!
- The cheddar in this dip never did quite melt out until smooth…I may or may not have been impatient to try it. However, it did not affect the taste or texture (remember, I am a very picky texture eater) at all. I loved this dip!
- This would be a great dip to take to a party, but you could also pair it up with your Mexican night in your home and have a very special treat!
- 1 lb Velveeta cubed, or equivalent
- 1 lb shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 10 oz jars of taco sauce NOT salsa
- 8 oz dice chiles
- 1 lb mild breakfast sausage browned and drained
- Serve with tortilla chips
- Lightly spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Put all your ingredients in your crock pot and mix well
- Cover and cook on low for 45 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes, stirring occasionally (it is done when the Velveeta is completely melted and the cheddar is mostly melted)
- Serve warm with tortilla chips