These Crock Pot Pesto Lemon Pepper Chicken Legs are so simple but flavorful and delicious. The lemon pepper subtly compliments the pesto flavor on the chicken drumsticks without overpowering it. This dish is in the crock pot in less than 5 minutes and is a perfect quick and easy recipe for weeknight family meals.
Cris here. I really love quick and easy meals that I can throw into the slow cooker. One of my favorite kinds of meat for these types of recipes is definitely chicken legs. They always come out tasty and they are a favorite of Miss Add (my 8 year old) .
These Crock Pot Pesto Lemon Pepper Chicken Legs did not disappoint! And, they were loved by the eight year old and everyone else in the family! Mikey commented that I have forever changed his opinion of lemon pepper chicken. The trick to this dish is the delicious undertone of lemon pepper– it isn’t too strong and then that pesto is just perfect!
Note: We use referral links to products we love in our posts.
Crock Pot Pesto Lemon Pepper Chicken Legs
- I whipped these up in my 6 Qt 5 in 1 Crock Pot, however, any 6 quart slow cooker will do just fine.
- If you want crisper skin on these Crock Pot Pesto Lemon Pepper Chicken legs, after slow cooking, place them on a lined cookie sheet and broil for a few minutes.
- 12 chicken legs
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 lemons- divided
- Place your chicken in your slow cooker.I used this one
- Juice one of your lemons and then drizzle the juice over your chicken drumsticks.
- Then sprinkle your chicken legs with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Next, brush pesto over your chicken.
- Slice your remaining two lemons and then place them top of your chicken legs.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.