If you love a good pulled pork sandwich, then you don’t want to miss these Crock Pot Root Beer BBQ Pork Hoagies from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites!
Aunt Lou here.
This recipe is so easy to make! And an added bonus is that it cooks for 8-9 hours, so you can throw it on before you go to work and have it ready for you to shred and throw on some hoagie buns when you get home! Double score!
Crock Pot Root Beer BBQ Pork Hoagies Notes
- This recipe makes a TON of servings, so you can buy a smaller pork loin if you don’t need as many servings, or it would be great to make for a party!
- A great shortcut that I learned from Mikey on shredding meat is to use your mixer! Don’t spend forever shredding your pork loin with forks, put it in your mixer bowl (or a big mixing bowl if you don’t have a stand mixer) and turn your mixer on low. In about 10-20 seconds, you have perfectly shredded pork! Make sure you don’t do it any longer than that or it will mush up your meat.
- For these yummy Crock Pot Root Beer BBQ Pork Hoagies, I used my Travel Crock Pot. You can use your favorite 5-6 quart crock pot. However, if you use a smaller pork loin, you will want to adjust the size of crock pot you use accordingly.
Crock Pot Root Beer BBQ Pork Hoagies
- 3.5-4.5 pound pork loin
- 2 liter bottle root beer
- 18 oz bottle bbq sauce
- 12-15 hoagie buns split
- Optional: additional bbq sauce ranch dressing
- Place you pork loin in your crock pot
- Pour enough root beer over your loin to cover it (save the rest to enjoy as a tasty drink!)
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours, when you pork is very tender, it is done
- Remove your loin from your crock pot (discard root beer) and shred with two forks or mixer
- Stir in your 18 oz bottle of bbq sauce until all your pork is well coated
- Serve on hoagie buns with additional bbq sauce and ranch dressing, if desired
Affiliate links were used in this post.