If you love a delicious beef stew with tons of veggies, tender beef and a yummy broth, then you’re in for a treat with this Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love
Aunt Lou here.
We were having a pitch-in at church. In case you haven’t heard of a pitch-in before, that is what we Southern Hoosiers call a potluck…actually, I never knew what a potluck was until after I was an adult. It was always a pitch-in when I was growing up. Anyway, back to the pitch-in…the week before I received a message from the lady at church who was putting everything together. She asked me to bring a crock pot of soup of some kind. I’m guessing she might have had a hunch that I would agree when she called. 😉 I had been wanting to try out this Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew I saw in Cooking Light’s Slow Cooker Tonight and thought this was the perfect time to give it a go! Let’s just say out of crock pot full, one of us might get a lunch out of the leftovers! Considering how much delicious food there was, I consider this recipe a huge success!
Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew
- Don’t be scared of the prep work on this one. It is really simple. There may be chopping and slicing, but trust me, you can do it!
- Before this recipe, I had never even heard of granulated tapioca. It is different than a regular tapioca pudding mix. You can find it in the same aisle as the pudding mixes, but it is different. You can find the one I used here.
- I changed up this recipe a bit. You can tailor it to your family’s likes by increasing or reducing the amounts of each of the veggies.
- I used Corky, my Hamilton Beach Multi-Quart Slow Cooker. You can use your favorite 6-8 quart slow cooker. I wouldn’t go less than 6-quart if you are doing the full recipe. This Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew filled good ol’ Corky to the top.
- If you don’t need quite as many servings, you can easily cut this recipe in half.
- 2 tablespoons uncooked granulated tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 46 oz can tomato juice
- 2 medium to large onions chopped
- 7-9 ribs sticks celery, sliced
- 16 oz pkg baby carrots sliced
- 8 oz pkg whole white mushrooms sliced
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
Put your granulated tapioca, sugar, garlic powder, salt and tomato juice in a blender and blend until smooth
Put your onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms and meat into your crock pot and gently mix well
Pour in your tomato juice mixture and gently stir again
Cover and cook on high for 5 hours