If you love a delicious beef stew with tons of veggies, tender beef and a yummy broth, then you’re in for a treat with this Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love
Aunt Lou here.
We were having a pitch-in at church. In case you haven’t heard of a pitch-in before, that is what we Southern Hoosiers call a potluck…actually, I never knew what a potluck was until after I was an adult. It was always a pitch-in when I was growing up. Anyway, back to the pitch-in…the week before I received a message from the lady at church who was putting everything together. She asked me to bring a crock pot of soup of some kind. I’m guessing she might have had a hunch that I would agree when she called. 😉 I had been wanting to try out this Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew I saw in Cooking Light’s Slow Cooker Tonight and thought this was the perfect time to give it a go! Let’s just say out of crock pot full, one of us might get a lunch out of the leftovers! Considering how much delicious food there was, I consider this recipe a huge success!
Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew
- Don’t be scared of the prep work on this one. It is really simple. There may be chopping and slicing, but trust me, you can do it!
- Before this recipe, I had never even heard of granulated tapioca. It is different than a regular tapioca pudding mix. You can find it in the same aisle as the pudding mixes, but it is different. You can find the one I used here.
- I changed up this recipe a bit. You can tailor it to your family’s likes by increasing or reducing the amounts of each of the veggies.
- I used Corky, my Hamilton Beach Multi-Quart Slow Cooker. You can use your favorite 6-8 quart slow cooker. I wouldn’t go less than 6-quart if you are doing the full recipe. This Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew filled good ol’ Corky to the top.
- If you don’t need quite as many servings, you can easily cut this recipe in half.
Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew
- 2 tablespoons uncooked granulated tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 46 oz can tomato juice
- 2 medium to large onions chopped
- 7-9 ribs sticks celery, sliced
- 16 oz pkg baby carrots sliced
- 8 oz pkg whole white mushrooms sliced
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- Put your granulated tapioca, sugar, garlic powder, salt and tomato juice in a blender and blend until smooth
- Put your onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms and meat into your crock pot and gently mix well
- Pour in your tomato juice mixture and gently stir again
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours