Are you looking for a good Electric Pressure Cooker Recipe for your Instant Pot? Our Electric Pressure Cooker Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs is simple to make, quick to cook and so good!
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
Earlier this week I shared that we were having Instant Pot Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs in our weekly menu planning post AND during our weekly chat video. I shared that I was in the final testing stages of this new pressure cooker recipe for the site and I have heard from many of you that you wanted me to share it as soon as it was ready to share… so here it is!
Electric Pressure Cooker Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs
- I have tested this recipe with both a 6 quart Instant Pot and another 6 quart electric pressure cooker. (I can’t wait to try it in THIS less expensive pressure cooker.)
- This is not a crock pot recipe. If you are looking for a slow cooker version, here is our crock pot spaghetti with homemade meatballs.
- Do not use the warming setting on your pressure cooker. It will scorch the bottom of your dish.
- If you are feeding more people, you can double the amount of pasta as long as you double the amount of water. Just make sure you are using a 6 quart pressure cooker, a smaller unit will boil over.
- 2 24oz jars of favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or Parmesan
- 1 egg- beaten
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon Italian herb mix
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles- uncooked broken into thirds
- Pour one jar of sauce into the bottom of your 6 quart electric pressure cooker.
- In a bowl mix your meats, milk, bread crumbs, cheese, egg and seasonings/herbs.
- Blend well and then form into 10-12 large meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in your pressure cooker in a single layer and then top with other jar of sauce.
- Sprinkle broken pasta pieces on top of sauce and cover with your water.
- Seal your pressure cooker and set to manual (with warm setting off) high pressure and set unit to 5 minutes.
- Once your unit reaches 5 minutes on high pressure and shuts off, turn valve to quick release. Once steam is done releasing, remove lid immediately and stir well before serving.