Note: We use referral links to products we love.
I am so excited to share with you a treat that we LOVE to make in our Camper Kitchen. We love recipes that take leftovers and give them a whole new twist and this one does just that!
Grilling and Campfires in State Parks and National Parks
In many parks across the country there are oftentimes open flame limitations due to increased fire risk because of the weather conditions. So, sometimes campfires and even charcoal grilling might not be allowed during your visit. That can put a damper on Camper Kitchen cookin’ both at the campsite or in the park for lunch if you have a hankering for some grilled food. One solution we have found is a portable gas grill. While it is not always allowed, it is most oftentimes allowed when other forms of grilling are not. After months of traveling, we have only encountered one area that would not allow us to use it. (Psst… campfire lovers might also like these portable gas campfires that also are oftentimes allowed when traditional campfires are not.)
Our Favorite Low Carb BBQ Ribs and Pulled Pork
Here are a couple videos of our favorite ribs and pulled pork that we use in this recipe.
Low Carb Crock Pot BBQ Cola Ribs
Low Carb Crock Pot Cola Pulled Pork
How to Make Grilled Stuffed Avocado
This Grilled Stuffed Avocado recipe takes a creamy avocado base, seasons with lime, salt and pepper and then fills it with the leftovers of our Crock Pot Cola Pulled Pork or Crock Pot BBQ Cola Ribs and finishes it off with your favorite shredded cheese for a decadent treat from the grill. This is such a delicious treat that is not only filling, but a great low carb grilling recipe too!
Grilled Stuffed Avocado Recipe
These Grilled Stuffed Avocados are a great treat to make with our Crock Pot Cola Pulled Pork or Crock Pot BBQ Cola Ribs leftovers!
- 3-4 Avocados cut in half and pitted
- 2 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Pulled Pork
- shredded cheese to taste
- Place avocados sliced side down on medium hot grill to sear grill marks.
- Remove from grill.
- Cut limes and squeeze juice over the avocados and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon pulled pork into each avocado half and top with cheese.
- Return to grill, pork side up and cook on top rack for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts and pork is heated through.
- We made this with our our Crock Pot Cola Pulled Pork or Crock Pot BBQ Cola Ribs leftovers, but you can use any pulled pork that you desire. Both of our recipes keep this recipe low carb if that is important to you.
- We used shredded cheddar with this recipe, but you can use the cheese of your choice. Pepper Jack would be really good with this dish too!
- Carb counts, calorie counts and all other nutritional information will vary greatly depending on the products that you choose to use in your kitchen.
- We used a portable gas grill to conveniently make this dish on the road. Gas grills are often allowed in parks when charcoal grills and campfires are not.