Our Low Carb Pimento Cheese Recipe is a great dip, topping or ingredient for other recipes. This homemade version of this flavorful cheese helps you keep your carb count down.
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
How to Make Pimento Cheese Low Carb
I love me some pimento cheese. However, one thing I have learned since going low carb is that not ALL pimento cheese in the grocery store is low carb friendly. For years I have been pampered with brands that have low carb counts but recently my grocery store switched brands and my carb count went from 0 carbs per serving to 9!!! Now that is a bit ridiculous when all of the ingredients to make pimento cheese are low in carb. So, I decided to make my own for our recipes and I am glad I did! This pimento cheese recipe is very easy to make and more flavorful than the pre-made versions.
What is Pimento Cheese?
Some of you may be wondering what is Pimento Cheese, anyhow? It is a cheese spread that is usually consisting of freshly shredded cheddar cheese, cream cheese, pimentos and sometimes mayo. Our version also includes garlic and onion powders to make it a bit more savory for the recipes we make.
Using a Food Processor to Make Pimento Cheese
We like to use our food processor to make this recipe. You can make it all inside the food processor bowl!
Now, truth be told, in the past I have had a hate-hate relationship with food processors. However, then I found my absolute favorite food processor of all time. This food processor literally snaps together. No twisting, no puzzle solving mysteries. It is easy to assemble EVERY time I use it and I love it so much I have one in the camper AND one in the house!
Here is a video unboxing of the one I bought for the house if you would like to learn a little more about it.
Note: I know the title says “Foodi Accessories” but the video is cued to skip to the food processor unboxing when you play below.
Save this recipe to your FREE Recipe Box.
On Recipes That Crock we have a way for you to save recipes, recipe collections and meal plans to your own free recipe box. This way you won’t ever lose a recipe. With your free RTC account, you know that your favorite recipes and all the recipes you want to try are always just a click away.
You can register (or login if you are already a user) here: Register/Login Here.
Note: If you do not see the recipe box buttons, make sure you are logged in.
Low Carb Pimento Cheese Recipe
Low Carb Pimento Cheese Recipe
- 16 oz sharp cheddar cheese block
- 4 oz pimentos chopped and drained
- 8 oz cream cheese very soft
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place chopping blade down in the food processor bowl and add mayo, cream cheese, pimentos, onion powder, garlic powder and salt into the bowl but do not process yet.
- Add shredding blade to the top of the bowl and attach the lid to shred the cheddar cheese block.
- Shred the cheese block and while it shreds it will mix and chop cheese into the rest of the ingredients.
- After all cheese has been shredded, remove shredding blade and if needed, continue to use the mix/chop blade to combine all ingredients.
- Remove cheese spread from the bowl and store in an air tight container for up to 10 days.
- We recommend shredding your cheddar cheese as a part of making this recipe instead of buying it preshredded. This method produces a better texture and lower carb count. It is also cheaper!
- We use this food processor to make this recipe a one bowl recipe.
- If you need to soften your cream cheese quicker, we oftentimes pop it on a microwave safe plate and cook it on high for 30 seconds to make it nice and soft for the recipe.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
Our Favorite Ways To Store This Recipe
I absolutely LOVE these containers to store our pimento cheese spread in the fridge for up to 10 days after making it. They are easy to clean and seal air (and liquid) tight with a snap.
Recipes That Use Pimento Cheese
Below are some of our favorite low carb dishes that use pimento cheese as a key ingredient.