Do you love to have dinner done when you walk in the door? This One Pot Crock Pot Chicken Dinner is the perfect recipe to have a complete meal ready and waiting the moment you get home from work!
Cookin’ Cris’ Dishes Cooking Show: Crock Pot One Pot Chicken Dinner
Updated with a video from Mikey.
But, wait– aren’t we talking about a chicken dish?!?
Yes, but when we were DEVOURING it the other day, I kept thinking about how it reminded me of a good roast recipe.
I love– LOVE– that the veggies cook with the perfectly seasoned chicken all day long.
One Pot Crock Pot Chicken
Layers of baby reds, baby carrots and sweet onion rest below boneless chicken thighs seasoned with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. All topped with cuttings from my (MY) rosemary plant… If you know me, you know that my ability to grow things is very questionable… so the fact that I even have a living rosemary plant is quite a feat in and of itself!
^^^^^ I grew that! And, more importantly… I am miraculously keeping it alive?!?!
Now, back to the chicken.
I really think the key to this recipe is using thighs. You could also use legs or a whole chicken. You could use chicken breast, but I would be very careful not to overcook (and dry out) the breasts. If you like dark meat at all, I highly recommend using boneless skinless thighs. (You can use regular thighs too… just make sure you cook adjust your time to cook a little longer to make sure the chicken gets completely done.
One Pot Crock Pot Chicken Dinner
- 8 Red Potatoes halved if large
- 1 Small Bag Baby Carrots
- 2 Sweet Onions quartered
- 1/2 Cup Sherry or broth
- Salt, Pepper and Poultry Seasoning to Taste
- 3 1/2 lbs Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 4 sprigs Rosemary or Thyme
- Layer veggies in the bottom of your 6-quart slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in sherry or broth
- Layer chicken on top and season with poultry seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Top with sprigs of rosemary or thyme.
- Cook on low for 5-8 hours.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Yep– They made an entire book of Christmas crock pot recipes!! (Psst… they also made an entire book of fall crock pot recipes too– Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites.) It really is like Christmas in July for this slow cooker lover!
Quick Cooking Video: Crock Pot One Pot Chicken Dinner
Updated: We recently turned this into a Crock Pot Freezer Pack! Click on over to our sister site for freezer pack instructions!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork (Low Carb Options) - February 24, 2020
- Crock Pot Mississippi Loose Meat Sandwiches (Low Carb Options) - February 19, 2020
- Air Fryer Pepper Jack Chicken (Ninja Foodi) - February 6, 2020