Do you have a roast and need a great recipe? This Best Ever Slow Cooker Roast from Gooseberry Patch’s E-book Homemade Christmas is definitely the recipe to try!
As you have probably started to notice, we are bargain hunters. My Michael is like a kid on Christmas morning when he finds a good deal. And this time was no exception!
He came home with a 2.39 lb Angus Bottom Round Roast. The original price was $2.99/lb which equaled out to $7.15. We got the entire roast for $2.99!
This roast fed us a whopping FOUR times! Adding up the prices of all the ingredients and dividing it by eight servings gives us just over $1 per serving! Now that is stretching a dollar!
When I started looking around for a good recipe for this delicious hunk of meat, I called Cris up to see if she had any suggestions. She immediately suggested this recipe for the Best Ever Slow Cooker Roast that she had posted on Goodeness Gracious.
It took me a minute to find it on Goodeness Gracious because Cris kept telling me to look for Best Ever Slow Cooker Roast. So that is why I changed the name from Oh-So-Easy Pot Roast. It is so easy, but it is also the best ever!
Note: Cris used a chuck roast, and I used a round bottom roast. Both turned out really well, so I would say that this recipe would work for most roasts.
Best Ever Slow Cooker Roast
Cut 6-8 slits in your roast and place half a clove of garlic in each slit.
Coat your entire roast with flour.
Pour your oil in a skillet (or in your insert pan if you have a slow cooker with a insert pan that is stove safe!) and brown your roast on all sides.
Place roast in slow cooker and cover with onion, potatoes and carrots.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Pour Beef Consomme over everything.
Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
Then serve it up with some gravy and enjoy! Yummo!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- 2-3 lb roast
- 3-4 cloves of garlic cut in half
- Flour to coat roast
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 3-4 potatoes peeled and cut into long wedges
- 1 - 1 lb bag of baby carrots
- 1 can of Beef Consomme
- 1 pkg brown gravy prepared
- Cut 6-8 slits in your roast and place half a clove of garlic in each slit
- Coat your entire roast with flour
- Pour your oil in a skillet (or in your insert pan if you have a slow cooker with a insert pan that is stove safe!) and brown your roast on all sides
- Place roast in slow cooker and cover with onion, potatoes and carrots
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Pour the Beef Consomme over everything
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours
- Serve with brown gravy on top