Looking for a fun treat for Easter? Check out these Holiday Slow Cooker Rice Krispy Treats. They are easy to make and would be a fun recipe to make with the kids!
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
UPDATE: Mikey made a video of this recipe too!
Aunt Lou here.
Now I know the first thing that someone will think…”Why use your crock pot for this?!” Well, if you have a Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker like me or one like it, you know exactly why!
Not only is it a great way to melt butter and marshmallows (just like it is for chocolate), the insert pan in my slow cooker is incredibly light and the easiest pan to clean I’ve ever had! With a quick spray from my kitchen sprayer, everything slides right off. Then I can quickly wash it up in the sink. No muss! No fuss! Love it!
I dressed up these Slow Cooker Rice Krispy Treats a little since Easter is just around the corner. It was super simple to do, but really made them look awesome.
This can be done for any holiday really. Think about the possibilities! Left over Easter candies for Mother’s Day. Redhots for 4th of July. Candy corn or Reese’s Pieces for Halloween or the fall. Red and green M&Ms for Christmas. Color coordinating Skittles for a birthday party treat. You could be as creative as you want!
Ryder isn’t quite big enough to help out in the kitchen just yet, but this will be on our Mommy & Me list of recipes for sure when he can!
Holiday Slow Cooker Rice Krispy Treats
Turn you slow cooker on high,slice up your butter into your slow cooker.
Cover and let it sit a few minutes until it is melted.
Add your marshmallows, cover and let it melt for about 5 minutes.
Give it a good stir, cover and let it melt for around 2 more minutes.
Now stir your mixture until the lumps are gone.
Add your rice krispies and stir gently until coated evenly.
Spray your 9×13 pan with cooking spray and dump mixture into pan.
Lightly spray your (clean!) hands with cooking spray and press evenly into pan.
Place your favorite holiday candy on top of your Slow Cooker Rice Krispy Treats and press down gently so they stick.
Let ’em sit for a bit to set up and enjoy!
Now you will notice that my measurements are a little bit different from your everyday recipe for these. It is just my preference, because I’m not a fan of dry rice krispy treats at all! So I have tweaked my recipe over the years and am quite happy with it. 🙂
Printable Recipe for Holiday Slow Cooker Rice Krispy Treats
Holiday Slow Cooker Rice Krispy Treats
- ¼ cup butter (1/2 a stick)
- 4¼ cup mini marshmallows
- 6 cups krispy rice cereal
- favorite holiday candy
- Turn slow cooker on high,slice up butter into 6-quart slow cooker
- Cover and let it sit a few minutes until it is melted
- Add marshmallows, cover and let it melt for about 5 minutes
- Stir well, cover and let it melt for approx. 2 more minutes
- Now stir mixture until the lumps are gone
- Add krispy rice cereal and stir gently until coated evenly
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and dump mixture into pan
- Lightly spray your (clean!) hands with cooking spray and press evenly into pan
- Place your favorite holiday candy on top of your Slow Cooker Rice Krispy Treats and press down gently so the candy sticks
- Let ’em sit for a bit to set up and enjoy
- Super simple! Only 15 minutes of prep/cooking time and approximately 15 minutes of cool time!
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
- Crock Pot Chili Cheese Tater Tot Casserole for Two - December 3, 2023
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmigiana - November 30, 2023
- Ninja Foodi BBQ Chicken Tenders for Two - November 30, 2023