This Rumchata Crock Pot Bananas Foster Recipe takes the classic recipe up a level with the addition of deliciously creamy Rumchata. The result is a perfect crock pot dessert recipe to serve with ice cream after family dinner.
Note: We use referral links in our posts to products we love.
Cris here. I have to tell you, I LOVE this recipe. This ah-mazing Rumchata Crock Pot Bananas Foster is an adaptation of a Slow Cooker Bananas Foster recipe we found in Gooseberry Patch’s Busy-Day Slow Cooker. Mikey made a video for you guys!
Rumchata Crock Pot Bananas Foster Notes:
- We crocked this up in our Mini Casserole Crock and it turned out beautifully. I would make sure you use a 3 qt or smaller slow cooker for this recipe. The larger slow cookers will cook the sauce too hot and too fast. If you need to use a large slow cooker, I would place an oven safe dish inside to be able to cook this dish in a smaller area.
- If you don’t like or want to use Rumchata, feel free to use apple juice
- If you don’t like the texture of cooked bananas, don’t add them until the very end– right before you serve over ice cream.
- 4 bananas sliced
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup Rumchata or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Garnish: vanilla ice cream
Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
Lay your banana slices in the bottom of your crock pot
In a separate bowl, mix together everything else (except your ice cream) and use a spoon to ladle over your bananas
Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours
Serve over ice cream