Are you looking for a low maintenance rib recipe with fall-off the bone tenderness? Then this Slow Cooker Ribs Recipe is what you are looking for!
I loved how easy the recipe was and added my own touch to it to make them perfect for our family.
Slow Cooker Ribs
The first step was to cut up the ribs. Truth be told, this was my first time working with spare ribs (we usually use baby back ribs… heck, who am I kidding, we usually just do this.) It can be a little intimidating to cut up a slab of ribs if you haven’t done it before. This video shows you how to trim them down.
Once you get them trimmed down you will just want to make a cut at each bone to give each rib a nice piece of meat on them.
Once I had them trimmed down, I needed to boil them before slow cooking them. This was made super easy using the Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker that Hamilton Beach sent me. It has a stove top safe insert that I could just pop out of the slow cooker, boil my ribs in and then drain and pop right back in.
Once my ribs were boiled a bit, I mixed up my sauce and cooked on low for 8 hours.
I then took the ribs out of the pot and placed them on a cookie sheet and brushed them with our favorite BBQ sauce.
The result? Super tender ribs that just fall off the bone with a nice sweet sauce.
Slow Cooker Ribs
- 2.5 lbs Spare Ribs cut into pieces
- 10.75 oz Can Tomato Soup
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Boil ribs for 15 minutes on stove top.
- Drain and place in slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients except BBQ Sauce and pour over ribs.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker and place on cookie sheet.
- Slather ribs with favorite BBQ Sauce and broil for 3 minutes, watching closely.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork (Low Carb Options) - February 24, 2020
- Crock Pot Mississippi Loose Meat Sandwiches (Low Carb Options) - February 19, 2020
- Air Fryer Pepper Jack Chicken (Ninja Foodi) - February 6, 2020