Are you looking for a new chicken crock pot recipe? Slow Cooker Angel Chicken is a perfect way to switch up your crock pot menu. This savory dish is absolutely delish atop a bed of rice or egg noodles.
Slow Cooker Angel Chicken
I found this recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s new Hometown Christmas Cookbook and it quickly became a family favorite.
It is so quick to throw together in the morning and then my slow cooker does all the work while I get on with my day. Then I can toss a couple bags of our favorite chicken flavored rice in the microwave and voila dinner is served!
The great part is this recipe makes a lot of chicken, so I always toss the leftovers in the fridge and then in a day or two I pull them back out, shred the chicken in the sauce and serve over egg noodles and it makes an entirely different dish.
Let’s recap… two dinners and I don’t have to do the cooking?
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 Cup Butter- Melted
- 1/2 Cup Sherry can substitute chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup Chive and Onion Cream Cheese- Softened
- 10 3/4 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 oz Package Italian Dressing Mix
- Mix all ingredients-except chicken- together until blended.
- Place chicken in the crockpot and pour mixture over the top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.