Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe that is great for breakfast or as a dessert? Then you simply must try this Crock Pot Blueberry Cake. You’re gonna love it!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love.
Aunt Lou here.
I absolutely love anything blueberry. One of my first memories is of my dad whipping up a batch of blueberry pancakes while we were on vacation. We were at a picnic area right below Devil’s Tower in Wyoming and it was just so perfect. From there I have since fell in love with blueberries…blueberry muffins, blueberry cupcakes, blueberry cake donuts…you get the idea.
I had never had a blueberry cake before though, so this Crock Pot Blueberry Cake from Gooseberry Patch’s Super Fast Slow Cooking was something I wanted to try. And it is so delicious!
Crock Pot Blueberry Cake
Note: Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe.
How to Make Blueberry Cake in a Crock Pot
This Crock Pot Blueberry Cake is super easy to make and only has six ingredients! Mommy score! First, you will want to hold out 2/3 cup of the blueberry muffin mix and put it in a separate bowl. We will get back to it in just a minute. Spray your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Then mix together the remaining muffin mix, your milk, egg and cinnamon until it is just combined. Pour it into your crock pot and make sure it is spread evenly. Now, let’s go back to the 2/3 cup of blueberry muffin mix we set aside at the beginning. Add 2/3 packed cup of brown sugar and 2/3 cup of softened butter. Take a knife and fork and cut your muffin mix, brown sugar and softened butter together. I may or may not get impatient at times due to my lack of “cutting” skills and dig in with my hands after a minute or two. Do whatever works best for you. Now take your crumble and sprinkle it over the top of the batter in your crock pot. Try to get it as even as possible. Next you will want to take 6-8 paper towels and cover the top of your crock pot before placing the lid on to catch any condensation. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 hours. Once your Crock Pot Blueberry Cake is done, turn off your crock pot and let it stand for about 10 minutes. Then loosen the edges with a knife and serve it up! It was so yummy and easy to make! Enjoy!
- If you are like me and have a hard time remembering to set butter out to soften, I have you covered! Simply take whatever measurement you need softened and place it in the microwave on the defrost setting for 15 seconds. Check and see if it is softened. If it is not, turn it over and try another 10-15 seconds on the defrost setting. Make sure to adjust to your microwave. You don’t want it to get too soft and hard to work with.
- Check out our favorite Slow Cookers, Pressure Cookers, Multi-Cookers and Air Fryersin our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
- 7 oz pkg of Blueberry Muffin Mix divided
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/3 cup Butter softened
- Set aside 1/3 cup of blueberry muffin mix
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray
- Stir together remaining muffin mix, milk, egg and cinnamon
- Pour into crock pot and spread evenly
- Take the set aside blueberry muffin mix and add brown sugar and softened butter
- Cut together muffin mix, brown sugar and butter until mixed thoroughly and crumbly
- Sprinkle crumble mixture over batter
- Cover top of slow cooker with 6-8 paper towels
- Cover and cook on high for 1-1 1/2 hours
- When cake is done, turn off crock pot and let stand for 10 minutes
- Loosen the edges of the cake with a knife and serve