Want a flavorful meal that is quick enough you can throw it together before rushing out the door in the morning? I’ve got you covered with this Slow Cooker Swiss Steak from Gooseberry Patch’s Super Fast Slow Cooking.
I am quite the picky eater. I am married to a man who will eat just about anything though…except for peas. He almost has a phobia about peas. Anytime he gives me a hard time about not liking a certain food, I threaten to make him Tuna Casserole with extra peas for a month and he leaves me alone. 😉
I love tomato soup and ketchup and tomato flavor, but have a hard time with eating an actual tomato at times. But I threw caution to the wind and decided to give this Slow Cooker Swiss Steak a try. (Adventurous aren’t I?) And this recipe was definitely worth the try. The steak was wonderfully tender and the flavor of the onion and tomatoes came together perfectly. This Slow Cooker Swiss Steak is a dump and go recipe, so this will be short and sweet.
Don’t you just love a recipe that is this easy?! This would also be a great recipe for kids to help with when adding the ingredients. They are already measured out and can just be poured on. It is a help for you and a memory the child in your life will always cherish. Win win!
- 1 lb Beef Round Steak
- Sprinkling of Salt and Pepper
- 1 oz pkg Onion Soup Mix
- 16 oz Can of Stewed Tomatoes
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper
- Cut steak into 4 serving size portions
- Place steak in slow cooker
- Sprinkle onion soup mix evenly across steak
- Pour Red Gold stewed tomatoes on top
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours
Affiliate links were used in this post.