Do you love a good bacon cheddar baked potato? Then you will love this Bacon Cheddar Crock Pot Potatoes recipe from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites. They are absolutely delicious!
Cooking Video: Bacon Cheddar Crock Pot Potatoes
UPDATED: This recipe was voted a battle winner by our YouTube community so we made a cooking video.
Aunt Lou here.
Easter was coming up. Mom, Cris and I were deciding on who would make what for Easter dinner when I came across this yummy Bacon Cheddar Crock Pot Potatoes recipe, so I volunteered for potatoes. 🙂
Bacon Cheddar Crock Pot Potatoes
I love how easy this recipe came together. It seems like there are quite a few steps, but it really isn’t hard at all…except for the onions. You see, onions and I do NOT get along. This time was no different. I was squinting my eyes with tears streaming down my face when Michael came to my rescue. (I have no idea why he has no problem at all with onions while I can’t be in the same room as one that is being cut!)
After the mean ol’ onions were sliced, I just layered it up. Another great thing about this recipe is that the cleanup is easy peasy since you use aluminum foil!
- 12 oz pkg bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Garnish: chopped green onion
- Line your crock pot with aluminum foil so that it will be able to fold together over the top of your potatoes
- Spread half of your crumbled bacon evenly across the bottom of your crock pot
- Cover with half of your sliced onions
- Top with half of your potatoes
- Repeat layers
- Fold together aluminum foil (creating a packet) over potatoes
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- A half hour before serving, add your shredded cheese and stir gently.
- Cover and heat through.
- Top with chopped green onions right before serving
Slow Cooker Recommendation
Since we were going to be going to Mom and Dad’s, I used my Travel Crock Pot. I love that I can secure the lid and have worry free traveling! Your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker would work just fine too!
Affiliate links were used in this post.