Get your chocolate fix with this oh-so-yummy Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker!
Aunt Lou here.
Before I had either one of my kids, I wasn’t really a chocolate person. I could take it or leave it…now give me a bag of Skittles, a thing of Starburst, cherry pie or blueberry anything, and I was in sweet tooth heaven! While I still love my fruity sweets, something changed when I was pregnant the first time. Now I love chocolate.
This Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake is a great way to nip a chocolate craving!
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake
Cris is known for her Peanut Butter Cookies. They are Legend-wait for it-dary! (Any How I Met Your Mother Fans out there? 😉 ) The consistency of this cake reminds me of her delicious cookies. It combines the best of both worlds, chocolate cake and yummy peanut butter cookies…and goes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Sign me up!
It also helps that since you make it up in a coffee can or a bowl like this, it is awful pretty.
Now I use my old-school crock pot for this, so I know that it cooks hot. I also know that it is not QUITE tall enough for the can, so I make a makeshift lid for it out of aluminum foil (shiny side up). So, if you don’t have a crock pot you can fit the can or bowl in, never fear! You can just cover the can and crock pot with bit of aluminum foil! Problem solved!
- 15 oz pkg chocolate cake mix divided
- 1/3 c creamy peanut butter
- ½ c water
- Optional: vanilla ice cream to serve with
- Grease and flour your coffee can or bowl
- Take 2 cups of your chocolate cake mix (you can use the rest in a different recipe) and mix it with your peanut butter and water for about 2 minutes
- Spoon your batter (it will be thick) into your coffee can or bowl
- Put your can in your crock pot and cover with 8 paper towels to catch any condensation
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours
- Let the cake stand for 5 minutes to cool
- Use a knife to loosen the edges
- Gently flip your cake out onto a serving plate
- Slice it up and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this yummy Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake, I used my old school crock pot. I couldn’t find a link to it because, well…it is very old! This one is very similar to my classic crock pot.
Affiliate links were used in this post.