If you love a recipe that will bring back memories of Mama or Gramma’s cooking, then these Country-Style Scalloped Potatoes from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker are for you!
Aunt Lou here.
When I saw this Country-Style Scalloped Potatoes recipe, I knew instantly we were going to make it. I had found a good deal on Ham Steak a while back, so I bought some up and threw them in the freezer. This recipe was the perfect reason to thaw out a pack!
Country-Style Scalloped Potatoes
This is a pretty simple recipe, so of course that makes me a happy camper. Around this house, I don’t really have time to spend hours cooking. I have a three-year-old that is pretty sure he always has to have my attention and a 9-month-old that is on the move! She is crawling everywhere and pulling up on anything that she can get her hands on…so she really does need my attention all the time! Having recipes like this one that I can throw together in no time and are a hit with the fam are a huge relief!
Michael discovered that they are also great if you want to reheat the leftovers in a skillet to crisp them up a bit. Yum!
- 6 russet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb ham steak cubed
- 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/4 c water
- 1 c shredded Cheddar cheese
- grill seasoning to taste
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives or parsley
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Place your potato slices and cubes of ham in your crock pot
- Mix together the rest of your ingredients (except your garnishes) and pour over your ham and potatoes
- Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours, you want your potatoes "fork tender"
- Lower your heat to the low setting and cook for an additional hour
- Sprinkle with chopped chives or parsley, if desired
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I whipped these yummy Country-Style Scalloped Potatoes up in my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot. It works great for spreading out your potatoes so you can make sure they all are touched by the yummy goodness of the sauce. If you don’t have one yet, you can use your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker.
Affiliate links were used in this post.