This Crock Pot Apple Coffee Cake is the perfect treat for breakfast, brunch or as a dessert! The apple cinnamon flavor will have everyone asking for more!
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
Aunt Lou here.
We were hosting our small group at our house this week, so I thought I’d try out this yummy Crock Pot Apple Coffee Cake from Gooseberry Patch’s Busy-Day Slow Cooker and then have the leftovers for breakfast the next morning! Perfect!
Crock Pot Apple Coffee Cake Notes:
- I used Cassie (my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot) for this recipe and it was perfect. If you don’t have your very own Cassie yet, the cookbook suggests a 4-quart slow cooker.
- There is an optional ingredient in this recipe that I did not use (1/4 cup chopped pecans). You see, I thought I had pecans when I bought all the other ingredients for this recipe only to come home and find that I actually did not. So if you like a little crunch, go for it!
- I altered this recipe a bit. You see, I like my topping on my coffee cakes, so I added a topping to this that you can use or not use. Make this recipe fit your tastes and preferences!
- While this Crock Pot Apple Coffee Cake is not a turn it on and walk away recipe, it is SO worth it! Since this is a cake, you will want to use paper towels under your lid to catch condensation, but there is a bunch of condensation, so watch your paper towels, change them periodically, if needed, and wipe the moisture off your lid while you’re at it.
Crock Pot Apple Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter softened and divided
- 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 1 cup and 3 tablespoons light brown sugar packed and divided
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon divided
- 18.5 oz yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- cup Optional: 1/4 chopped pecans
- Topping: whipped cream
- Take one tablespoon of your softened butter and spread all around the bottom and sides of your crock pot
- In a bowl, mix together your apple pie filling, 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Take 1/2 of your apple mixture and spread across the bottom of your crock pot
- In a different bowl, mix together your dry cake mix, eggs, sour cream, evaporated milk, 4 tablespoons of butter and the rest of your cinnamon very well
- Take 1/2 of your batter and gently spread over your apple mixture
- Repeat your layers
- Cut together your remaining butter and brown sugar and sprinkle on top
- If you want pecans, sprinkle those on top of everything
- Place 2-4 paper towels under your lid, cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours until cake is done in the middle
- Periodically check your paper towels to make sure they are not dipping down into the cake and remove moisture from your lid.
- Serve warm with whipped cream