Treat yourself to this amazing Crock Pot Blueberry French Toast I adapted from Gooseberry Patch’s Busy-Day Slow Cooking! This is the perfect dish to serve to company or as a weekend reward for yourself for making it through the week!
Aunt Lou here.
When Cris showed me this recipe, I knew she was a good sister! She knows that I love all things blueberries AND that I love french toast, so being the good sister that she is, she told me I might want to make it. Big sister takes care of little sister!
Crock Pot Blueberry French Toast Notes:
- While I made this in good ol’ Sir Hamilton (my 6-quart Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker), my first choice would have been Cassie (my 9×13 Casserole Crock Pot) if she hadn’t been previously engaged in a yummy recipe at the time. I could have waited to make this Crock Pot Blueberry French Toast, but I didn’t wanna. 😉
- Momma taught me the secret to her french toast (aka the best french toast ever made) a long time ago. Vanilla. Vanilla. Vanilla. While it may seem like there is a lot in this recipe, trust me. It. Is. Good.
- If your kids are anything like mine, they will be gobbling this up. So if you have kiddos running around your house, be sure to make a full batch or double batch…according to how many kids you have! Iyla was the first to try this in our house. After one bite, she was very impatient for the following ones. She did not appreciate if Mommy snuck a bite in if that meant she had to wait at all. She LOVED it! And this mommy loved that she was devouring her blueberries!
Crock Pot Blueberry French Toast
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garnish: whipped cream additional blueberries, powdered sugar
- Mix together your brown sugar, butter and cinnamon
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Sprinkle 1/3 of your brown sugar mixture evenly across the bottom of your crock pot
- Place 6 of your bread slices on top
- Sprinkle another 1/3 of your brown sugar mixture on top
- Put your blueberries evenly across the top
- Place your remaining bread on top
- Sprinkle the rest of your brown sugar mixture on top
- In a separate bowl, mix together your eggs,milk, vanilla and salt
- Pour evenly over everything
- Use a spoon to gently press your bread down
- Put your cover on your crock pot and refrigerate overnight
- The next morning, put your crock into your slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours (it is done when it is set and golden on top)
- Sever sprinkled with powdered sugar and top with a dollop of whipped cream and some blueberries
Affiliate links were used in this post.