I don’t know about you, but any recipe with cheese and bacon in it catches my eye! So I knew I definitely wanted to make these Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes from Gooseberry Patch’s Busy-Day Slow Cooking!
Aunt Lou here.
Cris calls me the Potato Queen. If you have ever noticed, I make most of the potato dishes around here. The reason for that? I love potatoes. I think my love started as a kid when Momma would make the best boiled potatoes. From there, my love for potatoes couldn’t help but grow. And these Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes just added to that love. Yum!
Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes Notes:
- This would be a great recipe to double and take to a pitch-in (aka potluck). My guess is that you will receive many requests for the recipe!
- I used my new Hamilton Beach Programmable Right Size Slow Cooker, who I have decided to name Allie because she is ALL in one. 😉 I love that I can choose to use her as a 2-quart, 4-quart or 6-quart slow cooker. For this particular recipe, I used her as a 4-quart, and it turned out great!
- Now the first time I made up these yummy Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes, they weren’t quite tender at 8 hours, so I set them for a couple more hours and continued to run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I KNOW better! I have only made one other recipe in Allie, so we don’t have a history yet for me to just set her and go. I knew better. When I came back, the cheese was a bit past golden…aka burnt. So, I made it again and watched it more closely. This time, perfection. So learn from my mistakes people. Watch it closely the first time, that way you can enjoy it the first go-round instead of having to make it again…like me! 😉
Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
- 4 russet potatoes peeled, cubed and divided
- 1/4 cup onion chopped and divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter diced and divided
- 8 slices bacon crisply cooked, crumbled and divided
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- Spray your crock pot lightly with cooking spray
- Put half of your potatoes and onion in the bottom of your crock pot
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Top with half of your butter, bacon and cheese
- Repeat the layers (ending with cheese on top)
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or 4-5 hours on high (it is done when your potatoes are tender)
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Easy Creamy Cheesy Rotini (Stove Top Recipe) - June 9, 2023
- Budget Meal Plan: Week 34 - June 9, 2023
- Creamy Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops - May 29, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
Julie H. says
Would it work to add chicken to this recipe?
Aunt Lou says
I haven’t tried it, but if you do, I would use a softer potatoes instead of russets and cut the cooking time. If you cook chicken for 8-10 hours in the crock pot, it would probably dry out a bit. Let me know if you give it a try! Enjoy!
Kim Honeycutt says
This sounds devine! Pinning it!!
If you are having problems with getting the potatoes completely done, use hashbrowns instead. I use the shredded frozen hashbrowns, but you could probably use the cubed frozen ones too. Just layer them like you would with the recipie above for cheezie bacon potatoes. I make mine in the oven and put a homemade white sauce as one of the layers and ending with the white sauce on top. I use the medium thick white sauce. I believ you could can buy this ready made also. I also use velveeta instead of cheddar. You can use either. I just prefer Velveeta cheese in any cheese recipie.