Winter, summer, spring or fall, no matter the season, there is one food that comes to mind when you want the ultimate comfort food. You know you all are thinking the same thing! Chicken Noodle Soup! So why not let your crock pot do the work for you with this Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe?!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love
Aunt Lou here.
As you may know, I haven’t always been able to cook. I have made cookies that would not bake and been intimidated by making a box of Hamburger Helper. So there was no way I was going to make up my own chicken noodles soup. I always had a rule back in the day, no one…and I mean no one…was to eat the last can of chicken noodle soup unless they were sick. That way I knew that if someone was feeling under the weather, there was at least some chicken noodle soup to comfort them.
These days though, I know how easy it is make up my own Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup for when someone in my family feels ill or when I am having a crowd over!
I was looking through Cooking Light’s Slow Cooker Tonight! and saw a good recipe, but I got to tweaking and changing things up, so I didn’t end up following that recipe, but I do LOVE that cookbook. So I highly recommend checking it out!
Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Notes:
- You can cut this recipe in half or double it up for what the needs of your family are. Just make sure you adjust the size of your crock pot and cooking time accordingly.
- This is the perfect recipe to tailor to the likes and dislikes in your house. I sliced up a full 16 oz carrots because my kiddos love carrots. You can add as much or as little celery, carrots and chicken as you like!
- If you want to be more economical, you can buy regular carrots to peel and slice. If you need a more time friendly option than slicing baby carrots, buy a bag of shredded carrots!
- I used good ol’ Sir Hamilton (my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker) because, let’s be honest. I play favorites with my crock pots, and Sir Hamilton is all-star favorite. Tried, true and trustworthy! When I finally wear him out, I will probably cry. Don’t judge! 😉 You can use your favorite 6-quart crock pot.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken cut into cubes (you can use breast or thigh meat, whatever your preference)
- 1 1/2 cups celery sliced
- 16 oz bag baby carrots sliced
- 3 14 oz cans low sodium chicken broth
- 4 3/4 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Egg noodles prepared
- Optional: fresh parsley chopped
Over medium-high heat, heat up 1 tablespoon of your olive oil in a large skillet
Add in about half of your chicken and lightly brown
Put your browned chicken in your crock pot and repeat these steps with the rest of your chicken
Top your chicken with your celery and carrots
Pour your water and chicken broth over everything and give it a good stir
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1.5 - 2 hours
Salt and pepper to taste
Add in your prepared egg noodles and garnish with your chopped parsley just before serving, if desired