Quick, easy, budget friendly AND super tasty? Interested? I thought you would be! Check out this Crock Pot Fiesta Shredded Pork Wraps recipe! Deeeelicious!
Aunt Lou here.
We were getting ready for vacation. It always seems like getting ready for vacation is so stressful that it makes vacation that much sweeter. Needless to say, I did not have the time to be prepping a recipe for 20 minutes or more (shoot, I didn’t even have 10 minutes to spare!)…and we all know that I am a super slow at prepping recipes. This Crock Pot Fiesta Shredded Pork Wraps recipe seemed like a good solution to my lack of time problem!
Crock Pot Fiesta Shredded Pork Wraps Notes:
- We liked these Crock Pot Fiesta Shredded Pork Wraps just as they are with a little sprinkle of cheese, but you can add in whatever toppings you like.
- I used my 2.5 quart crock pot for this recipe so my salsa would be all around my pork loin. I’ve started using this size quite a bit…maybe I should give it a name! 😉
- We used regular tortillas, but you definitely can use your favorite type of wrap as well.
- If you are using a pork loin, like I did, then you probably don’t want to cook this recipe on high. It won’t be quite as tender as you’ll want it. (I tried it both ways and cooking on low produced much better results for tenderness.) If you are in a time crunch and have to cook it on high, I would suggest trying it with a tenderloin instead of a loin. I have not tried this, but a tenderloin is typically tenderer than a loin.
Crock Pot Fiesta Shredded Pork Wraps
- 1.5-2 lb pork loin
- 1.25 oz pkg taco seasoning
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- 8-10 tortilla shells
- 5.6 oz pkg Spanish rice prepared
- Taco Style Shredded Cheese
- Rub your taco seasoning all over your pork loin and place your loin fat side up in your crock pot
- Pour your salsa all over
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours
- Serve on tortillas with cheese and rice
Affiliate links were used in this post.