Are you looking for a yummy baked mac ‘n cheese style recipe that has a little something extra? Then you definitely want to check out this Crock Pot Golden Mac n Cheese I adapted from Gooseberry Patch’s 101 Cozy Casseroles.
Aunt Lou here.
I am a cheese fanatic, always have been. Add to that the fact that I have two small children and you have a mac ‘n cheese lovin’ household! So I am always on the lookout for a great recipe. This Crock Pot Golden Mac n Cheese delivers! Ya’ll know I am a picky eater and that textures are a big thing for me. So I wasn’t sure about the French fried onions on top, but they were awesome!
Crock Pot Golden Mac n Cheese
Another great thing about this recipe is how easy it is!
Now ever since I made this Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo I have been all about shredding and grating my own cheese. Even with buying a big block of mild cheddar and shredding the cheese myself, it was super easy to throw this together!
- 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 t mustard
- 1/8 t pepper
- 3 c elbow macaroni cooked
- 3-4 c shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- French Fried Onions
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Mix together your soup, milk, mustard and pepper
Pour your mixture into your crock pot
- Add your cooked macaroni and 2- 2 1/2 cups of your shredded cheese, stir until well combined
- Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top
- Top with French Fried Onions (as few or many as your desire)
- Cover and cook for an additional half hour until your cheese on top is melted
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this scrumdiddlyumptious Crock Pot Golden Mac n Cheese, I used Cera (my 6 Quart Crock Pot with Ceramic Coated Pot). I know I could count on her to cook it up evenly and that the cheese would wash right off. Your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker will work as well. As always, make sure you watch this recipe the first time you make it so you can know how your slow cooker cooks the recipe