Do you love a mouth-watering ham and glaze? Then this Crock Pot Honey Glaze Ham that I adapted from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites is just what you need!
Aunt Lou here.
Michael has been at it again. He saw some hams…five hams to be exact…on Manager’s Special that had sell by dates of the day he was in the store. It was about a half hour before closing, so Michael made a deal with the manager. We got five hams for $25. Craziness. One of the hams almost cost $25 all by itself originally! Praise God!
The first thing I did was call momma and tell her not to buy a ham for Easter. The next thing I did was start looking for some recipes to try out on all these hams!
CROCK POT HONEY GLAZE HAM
This recipe is crazy simple, but ah-mazing folks! Like everyone will love it and beg for more ah-mazing! I made a little bit of an addition to this recipe because I wanted to take the yummy juices and make a glaze. So I used the trick Aunt T taught me with corn starch. However, there is quite a bit of liquid to make into a yummy glaze, so I used 3 tablespoons of corn starch with 3 tablespoons of water. It takes a while longer than when I usually thicken things up, but it is definitely worth the time! Oh. My. Yum.
Crock Pot Honey Glaze Ham
- Place your ham in your crock pot flat side down
- Take a fork and pierce your ham all over
- Pour your honey all over your ham
- Mix together your hot water and brown sugar and pour over your ham
- Cover and cook on low for around 6 hours
- Drain your juices into a medium size pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat on your stove
- Mix together in a coffee cup your corn starch and cold water while your juices are coming to a boil, as soon as they start to boil, pour in your corn starch mixture
- Stir gently and frequently until the glaze reaches ALMOST the thickness you desire (it will thicken up more as it cools)
- Cut ham into serving size pieces and serve with glaze
- If you are looking for more ham recipes, you can find a full listing of all our holiday ham recipes here.
- You will need to pick out your ham to fit inside your slow cooker or cut it down to fit. We typically try to find a 6-7 lb ham that is the right shape for the 6-8 quart slow cooker we are wanting to use. If your ham is just a little too big to get the lid on tight you can wrap aluminum foil around the outside of the lid to keep the heat in.
- We use a fully cooked ham in this recipe. Check your ham’s packaging to see if there are any specific temperatures your ham needs to cook to per the brand’s suggestion. If a specific temperature is necessary, we love using this meat thermometer while we crock pot cook. We love that you can leave the probe inside the slow cooker and it will ring an alarm when the ham reaches the correct temperature.
- Cooking times will vary GREATLY on this recipe depending on your ham size/shape and how hot your slow cooker cooks. Check it regularly to make sure that you do not over cook your ham. All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this fantastic Crock Pot Honey Glaze Ham, I used Cera (my 6 Quart Crock Pot with Ceramic Coated Pot). It is so easy to clean up that I don’t ever have to use a liner and cooks evenly. If you don’t have a Cera of your own, then I would use at least 5-6 quart slow cooker and might consider using a crock pot liner to make clean up a snap!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Crock Pot Beefy Taco Soup - December 8, 2023
- Bacon Brown Sugar Pork Chops (Oven Recipe) - December 8, 2023
- Crock Pot Chili Cheese Tater Tot Casserole for Two - December 3, 2023